Privacy and Safety
Information Collection and Use
- This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that Local Internet does not own or control, or to people that Local Internet does not employ or manage.
- Our Web site uses a reputable third party to serve the banner advertisements that
you see on the pages of our Web site. If you would like to know more about the
information gathering practices and "opt-out" procedures of our third party ad
server, please click here.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
- Local Internet collects personally identifiable information when you register for a Local Internet account, when you use certain Local Internet products or services, and when you enter promotions or sweepstakes. Local Internet may also receive personally identifiable information from our business partners.
- When you register with Local Internet, we may ask for your name, email address, birth date, gender, zip code, occupation, industry, personal interests, address, or phone number, depending on the service you sign up for. Once you register with Local Internet and sign in to our services, you are not anonymous to us.
- Local Internet also automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser including your IP address, Local Internet cookie information and the page you requested.
- Local Internet uses personal information for one purpose: to customize the advertising and content you see on our pages.
- Local Internet uses business information to post the information requested.
- Local Internet will not sell or rent your personally identifiable information to anyone.
- Local Internet will send personally identifiable information about you to other companies or people when:
- We have your consent to share the information;
- We need to share your information to provide the product or service you have requested;
- We need to send the information to companies who work on behalf of Local Internet to provide a product or service to you. (Unless we tell you differently, these companies do not have any right to use the personally identifiable information we provide to them beyond what is necessary to assist us.);
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders or legal process; or
- We find that your actions on our web sites violate the Local Internet Terms of Service or any of our usage guidelines for specific products or services.
Your Ability to Edit and Delete Your Account Information and Preferences
- Local Internet may set and access cookies on your computer.
- Local Internet allows other companies that are presenting advertisements on some of our pages to set and access their cookies on your computer. Other companies' use of their cookies is subject to their own privacy policies, not this one. Advertisers or other companies do not have access to Local Internet's cookies.
- Local Internet gives you the ability to edit your Local Internet Account Information and preferences at any time.
- You may request deletion of your Local Internet account by sending an email to:
- Your Local Internet Account Information is password-protected for your privacy and security.
Questions or Suggestions
- Local Internet may edit this policy from time to time. If we make any substantial changes we will notify you by posting a prominent announcement on our pages.
- If you have questions or suggestions, please send an email to:
for important information about safe surfing from the Federal Trade Commission.